Church Of Scotland
Church of Scotland, a Presbyterian Church, known as St. Andrew’s Church.
- Church of Scotland was established by the first missionary in Chamba.
- The Reverend William Ferguson, who served there between 1863 and 1873.
- The foundation stone for building the new church was laid by the Raja of Chamba.
- On 17 February 1899, in the presence of the Scottish reverend Dr. M’Clymont who had come from Scotland.
- The Raja had contributed a generous grant to build the Church.
- He ensured that it was exquisitely built in fine stone masonry.
- The walls are supported by buttresses, and lancer arch windows provide the light and ventilation.
- Several schools are run by the Mission located within the Church precincts.
- The Church has some beautiful views of the river ravi and the snow-covered peaks which are very beautiful to see.
- On Christmas day, the beauty of church is a must watch thing to see. The lightnings and the decorations are just amazing to see.
- Church of Scotland is a well established place known for its design and insides.