Chaurasi Naath Temple
Chaurasi Naath Temple is located in the centre of Bharmour city. The temple is built around 1400 years ago.
- There are 84 small temples located in this complex.
- Beautiful Shikhara style temple of Mani Mahesh is located in the centre of the complex.
- Chaurasi means eighty-four in Hindi and there are 84 shrines located here in this temple.
- It is believed that 84 Siddhartha from Kurukshetra once came here and they pleased with the calmness and peacefulness of the Bharmour and they decided to stay here.
- There is another story of Chaurasi Naath Temple.
- Soon after the accession of Raja Sahil Verman, 84 yogis came to the Bharmour.
- Yogi’s were so pleased with the King’s hospitality and they gave a boon to King of 10 sons.
- King request them to stay until the boon is fulfilled.
- Soon the King was blessed with 10 sons and a daughter.
- Sahil Verman named the daughter Champavati after which the name of Chamba was established.
- Also, there is a temple of Dharam Raj also known as Yam Raj.
- Only temple of Dharam Raj in the world.
- It is still believed that after death, the soul first reaches the Bharmour in Dharam Raj temple.
- Where Chitragupta, the secretory of the Dharam Raj keeps the records of the deeds and misdeeds of the particular soul.
- Then taken in front of the Yam Raj to decide where he wants to send.
- After the decision of the Yam Raj, the Yum doots take the soul to heaven or hell as per there deeds as mentioned.
- There are four invisible doors present which are of Gold, Silver, copper and Iron.
- Rooms where the decision is taken is also known as Kahahar of Yam Raj.